Machine Reactivation Procedures
Welcome back from temporary closure. Please note that if you do not feel comfortable restarting the machine yourself, please contact your local service technician or Rancilio Group NA.
General Reactivation Procedure
- Check your water line. If the water has been stagnant for more than two weeks, we recommend that you flush the waterline. Likewise, if you have an inline filter that was not flushed before the closure, bleed 5 gallons out via the sample port.
- Reconnect your water lines and check that the fittings are secure.
- Check that your drain hose is connected properly to the machine and the drain pipe.
- Check that your water connection is turned on. Make sure that your water connections are not leaking.
- Plug in your electrical connection.
- Check that no old product was left in the machine. If there was, please clean it out before proceeding.
- Turn on the machine, letting it fill and perform the start-up procedure. Note: if you have a two-stage start Rancilio, turn the element on ONLY AFTER the machine is done filling.
- Once the machine is ON, verify that the steam, coffee, and milk systems (if applicable) are functional.
Your machine is prepared for use. Make a few drinks to season the systems. If you experience any issues, contact your local technician or Rancilio Group NA.